Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buildplan Branches: Triggers

Benjamin Bartels February 28, 2018

We're misusing branches to freeze quarterly versions. So every few months's we're duplicating the master branch.

Now our master gets build using a Bamboo Build Plan, and I've created the branch for our first frozen version and changed the branch of the repository - works fine.

Question is, on what the repository triggers react now?

Even if I do "Change trigger", I'm not able to set branches?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Elias Zeidan (they/them)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2018

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

By default, the repository triggers will still respond to changes in any branch. In most cases, change detection will be run across all branches, and if the branch exists in Bamboo, a build will be triggered on that branch.

If you are using a Bitbucket Server repository, the Bitbucket Server Repository trigger will send a notification to Bamboo with the branch where the change occurred.

If you are on your frozen version branch, and select "Change trigger", the trigger the branch will use can be different from the main build plan. You won't need to choose a branch, because that should be found by Bamboo when the change notification is received.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Elias | Bamboo Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events