Building artifacts for both test and production environments

- - August 11, 2011

Hi,

What would be the best way to configure a build so that after it is run you have artifacts for both test and production environments?

Currently I have a plan with the default job containing about 10 different maven builds. The maven builds are parameterized with a bamboo parameter (which may be specified with the "run parameterized" option or just using the default value).

So now the job produces artifacts for eg. the test environment by giving the profile id to maven normally, like -Ptest (test comes from the bamboo variable)

I can then also run the job so that it provides the artifacts for the production environment.

But I would like to have the system to automatically run both builds so that I get the artifacts for both environments automatically. Now I have to know which build was made with which profile setting and that isn't very convenient (I would want to be able to download the latest build's artifacts for both environments wihtout specifying a build number).

So how can I duplicate the Tasks for one Plan / Job automatically? I wouldn't want to manually have to specify an identical Plan for each environment.

1 answer

0 votes
Bernard O'Flynn August 11, 2011

We do this by having multiple jobs in our build stage. Each job builds a different configuration (Test, Release, etc.)

So they can be build in parallel.

- - August 14, 2011

Ok, so you had to manually create identical jobs with identical tasks (just using different config options)?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events