Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build queue timeout isn't taking affect

Stephanie Dempsey July 7, 2017

Bamboo version 5.14.5

I have set a build queue timeout to 240 on a given job (so 4 hours).  The job sat in the queue for over 800 minutes.  In this case the agent was down and I want the job to timeout in this situation.

How should we configure a job to not wait indefinitely in the queue if it doesn't take effect via the Job/Miscellaneous setting?

Regards.

2 answers

0 votes
Stephanie Dempsey July 13, 2017

Thanks, Brandon.  We are currently at version 6.0.3 so I will look into this plugin for hung jobs, but it doesn't look like it addresses queue timeouts.  For example we have a case where a cluster (read all agents running on said cluster) is down for maintenance in which case even with the queue timeout set the jobs are still sitting there the next morning waiting for an agent.  I would expect a queue timeout to stop the job after the configured queue timeout is reached. Is the built in behavior supposed to handle this case?  Or are we supposed to rely on the built in configuration along with another plugin to stop the job? (and what plugin handles queue timeouts?)

Best Regards,

Stephanie

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2017

Hi Stephanie,

I would try the HungBuildKiller.  It is compatible up to Bamboo 6.0.3.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events