Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug found for cleanup branches by using mercurial/graft?

Torsten Stach January 16, 2018

Inside bamboo configuration "Plan Configuration / Branches", there is an option to delete a branch within the repository after a certain idle time (e.g., 30 days). The rule only looks at the time of the latest source check-in/timestamp. When using a mercurial-graft, from another branch older than 30 days (eg 40 days) will delete the current branch. This behavior isn´t right. The rule must check the activity which was performed in the current branch and not the timestamp on latest source check-in.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2018

Hello Torsten,

I think you are right. From your description, It seems you've stumbled into this bug: [BAM\-18460\] New plan branch is automatically deleted due to last commit date from the newly created branch.

As a workaround, I do suggest that when you create a new branch from a commit that is older than your expiry interval, please add a simple small commit to your new branch. The expiry job is usually configured to run at 3 AM so you will probably have time to add the new commit before the job is run. It doesn't look like a beautiful solution but is something you can do until we fix that bug.

Another possible workaround is to increase your branch expiry interval to a bigger value to cover your scenario.

I hope that helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events