Bug found for cleanup branches by using mercurial/graft?

Inside bamboo configuration "Plan Configuration / Branches", there is an option to delete a branch within the repository after a certain idle time (e.g., 30 days). The rule only looks at the time of the latest source check-in/timestamp. When using a mercurial-graft, from another branch older than 30 days (eg 40 days) will delete the current branch. This behavior isn´t right. The rule must check the activity which was performed in the current branch and not the timestamp on latest source check-in.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello Torsten,

I think you are right. From your description, It seems you've stumbled into this bug: [BAM\-18460\] New plan branch is automatically deleted due to last commit date from the newly created branch.

As a workaround, I do suggest that when you create a new branch from a commit that is older than your expiry interval, please add a simple small commit to your new branch. The expiry job is usually configured to run at 3 AM so you will probably have time to add the new commit before the job is run. It doesn't look like a beautiful solution but is something you can do until we fix that bug.

Another possible workaround is to increase your branch expiry interval to a bigger value to cover your scenario.

I hope that helps!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

83 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you