Breakdown of plan performance per stage, job and task

hhaag June 3, 2019

Is there a way to see - for a specific build - to see how overall build time (this is shown when I select a build from the dashboard) is broken down by

- stage

- job

- task

This would be extremely helpful for us to optimize our builds

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2019

Hi @hhaag,

I can't speak for stages as currently we don't have any plans that use more than a single stage, but I can say that if you click on each job within a stage it will tell you how long it took to complete that job (hovering over the time will also tell you how long it waited in the queue and how long it took to update from source contol if relevant).

To see task specific times your easiest option would be to look at the log files for each job to see how how much time past from the start of one task and the completion line of said task.

I don't see anything specific in the REST API docs that would allow you to pull that informtion but I just did a quick look, a more through look might find somethign there which would help you gather that information faster.

I hope that helps.

-James

hhaag June 4, 2019

Hi James,

thanks! Had not noticed this part of the bamboo UI before, learning something new every day :)

Probably low-level profiling is the way to go, I had just hoped there was an easier (built-in) way.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events