Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Branches vs branches. Can I rename the default Subversion branches location?

Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2013

Can I rename or reformat the default Subversion branches location? All of our SVN have Branches with a capital "B" and the default folder with a lowercase fails. Right now, I have to manually change every plan to get it to work properly.

2 answers

0 votes
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2013

I ended up fixing it on the SVN server side.

Apache:

RewriteRule ^/Adept/(.+)/branches(.*)  http://svn/Adept/$1/Branches$2 [P]

Since it is virtual I needed to include the absolute web URL. Without the [P] flag (proxy) it was returning a 302 redirect, with the flag the server only handles the request and the client is simply returned the correct page from the single request.

0 votes
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2013

You can find this option in SVN Repository's 'advanced settings'

Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2013

That is just as bad, atleast the option I found. I can only turn off "Automatically detect root URL for branches" and set an absolute URL there. I can already override it on an individual basis from the Branches tab. I tried a few variations of relative paths but they all resulted in server errors when going to the Branches tab.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events