Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Branches queded for too long

Juan Ignacio Onetto September 12, 2013

Hi. My bamboo ondemand instance is taking to long to receive too receive the build request in the branches plan.

The agent log doesnt say anything about it other than: on i-7a5b9816' ready to take build from queue...

2013-09-13 03:44:31,800 INFO [tunnellogger-thread] [LocalAcceptor] [tunnelserver:26224-1-thread-234] Accepted a local connection on port 4527, tunnel age: 132s

When I run the master branch of the plan it starts inmediately with no problems. Any ideas?

3 answers

0 votes
Juan Ignacio Onetto September 18, 2013

How do you know or read in the logs that is the reason?

0 votes
Juan Ignacio Onetto September 12, 2013

Hi MArcin,

Yes it is. But I have tried with another repo and this same thing doesnt happen. This is specially happening with one of the repositories all of the residing in Bitbucket. The difference is that this one has much more branches than the other. However I tried disabling all the branches to see if it was a matter of the number of branches and didn help.

Yesterday one of the branched took 8 minutes to start.. is that normal?

Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2013

It's possible that your branches get stuck waiting for a free worker thread and that's why it takes so long.

We have that issue on our radar.

0 votes
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2013

Do you have automatic merging switched on? Because that would explain a lot as merging takes some time, during which Bamboo reports that branch is 'queued'.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events