Branches queded for too long

Hi. My bamboo ondemand instance is taking to long to receive too receive the build request in the branches plan.

The agent log doesnt say anything about it other than: on i-7a5b9816' ready to take build from queue...

2013-09-13 03:44:31,800 INFO [tunnellogger-thread] [LocalAcceptor] [tunnelserver:26224-1-thread-234] Accepted a local connection on port 4527, tunnel age: 132s

When I run the master branch of the plan it starts inmediately with no problems. Any ideas?

3 answers

0 votes

Do you have automatic merging switched on? Because that would explain a lot as merging takes some time, during which Bamboo reports that branch is 'queued'.

Hi MArcin,

Yes it is. But I have tried with another repo and this same thing doesnt happen. This is specially happening with one of the repositories all of the residing in Bitbucket. The difference is that this one has much more branches than the other. However I tried disabling all the branches to see if it was a matter of the number of branches and didn help.

Yesterday one of the branched took 8 minutes to start.. is that normal?

It's possible that your branches get stuck waiting for a free worker thread and that's why it takes so long.

We have that issue on our radar.

How do you know or read in the logs that is the reason?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

501 views 2 5
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you