Branch builds being triggered by default repository

AmitB September 12, 2012

I have a plan using our svn trunk and another branch of that plan in which I ,manually override the repository with a svn branch.

The problem is that branch builds are being triggered whenever any change is commited to the trunk as well as to the branch. How do I make the branch plan trigger only when a change has been commited to the trunk?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2012

This should not happen. Either you have your branch misconfigured (for example it still references trunk because you have multiple repositories defined) or you found a bug.

Are you sure you don't have duplicate repository definition on your 'trunk' plan? Please verify and if you are still convinced that you got your plan right perhaps you should contact Atlassian Support. Bug reports posted there are handled much faster ;-)

AmitB September 18, 2012

I do have multiple repositories defined, but I am only able to override one in the branch plan. Is this a limitation in Bamboo?

AmitB September 18, 2012

Sounds like we should upgrade to 4.2. Thanks!

Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2012

Yep, currently you can only override 1 repository (default) So if you have change detection on master plan configured to check more than 1 repo, branch will check them too.

However, in Bamboo 4.2 you have an option to override Build Strategy in Branches. Would that help?

0 votes
Marek Podyma June 2, 2013

It seams that in Bamboo 4.3.3 branch build overrides only Default Plan Repository. Other plan repositories remain untouched. Why?

0 votes
AmitB October 17, 2012

I upgraded to 4.2, but it' still not clear how to do this. When I override the Build Strategy, it allows me to pick which repositories to poll, but includes the same repositories (sub-folders) off the trunk. Is there a way to automatically use the same folders, but have the branch as the root of these folders?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events