Bitbucket (Server) and Bamboo - Multiple plans triggered off of the same repository

Jacob Hoover December 4, 2015

This seems like it should be something easy/trivial to accomplish, but I've ran out of possible solutions.

Background:  We have a single large repository with multiple projects in it.  Some of them are in C#, and some of them are in Pascal. I've configured 2 plans for building source, one for each language, with a filter based off of the file extension.I have a 3rd plan, which is remotely invoked, to perform some external tasks (which requires some MSBuild tasks from the same repository).

I've tried having multiple linked repositories, as well as multiple plan repositories, so that I could include a simple regex match to trigger specific a specific plan. When no other plans are running, the triggers work, but I have a 3rd plan which is activated via a REST api call, when an external process completes. It seems as if the manually activated plan causes the local cache to update which then prevents the triggered plans from firing.

Note, all 3 plans utilize the same git branch.

I've looked to see if we could customize the cache location per plan/linked repository, but it doesn't seem like this is something we can set. 

What other possible options do I have?

Edit

Due to lack of comments, I assume I must be missing something.

Bamboo version 5.9.3 build 5918 - Stash v3.11.1

I know I could use a post-receive web-hook on Bitbucket, but then I would loose the quiet time functionality as well as the automatic user mapping for what user triggered the build.

1 answer

0 votes
Jacob Hoover December 8, 2015

I am currently work with support on this issue, but will post a follow up here for the benefit of all once we figure out something meaningful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events