Bind bamboo to specific interface

Igor Galić December 18, 2011

Hi folks,

I've been trying to lock down my installation and I'd really like to make Bamboo only bind to 127.0.0.1. Following advises such as: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DISC/mail/172056 I added an address="127.0.0.1" in the tomcat installations, and for Bamboo's Jetty I edited webapp/WEB-INF/classes/jetty.xml, uncommenting <Set name="Host">127.0.0.1</Set>

Interestingly, only Bamboo refuse to do that. Jira, FishEye and Confluence are all running on 127.0.0.1:8xxx

Anybody got any insight on this?

1 answer

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2011

Just making sure: you've followed this guide first?

Also, not sure if it's an issue for you, but if you bind Bamboo to loopback interface, you will not be able to use remote agents.

You also need to change <property name="bamboo.jms.broker.uri">tcp://0.0.0.0:54663</property> to 127.0.0.1 in bamboo.cfg.xml

Igor Galić December 18, 2011

That's the broker URI and doesn't have much to do with the listener, in fact, that port isn't even open. But I'll take a look at that - I didn't know I have to tell it to use jetty.xml ~_~

Thanks a bunch!

i

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events