Best practice build code variants

Oliver Zabel January 5, 2018

Hi, 

we're building mulitple variants of our products using code switches. At the moment we have one build plan to build all variants in a row. if one fails we need to go to the log file and see whcih and why the variant failed. I'd like to change this to have one plan per variant. since this would be a nightmare to do it via the web gui i'd like to use either Java Specs or Yaml. I would prefer yaml over java. 

Is it possible to generate mutiple plans in one repo stored spec so if i change something in my config, that all plans are updated?

Thanks in advance!

Regards, 

Oliver

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2018

Hi Oliver,

It appears you can do this, however, you can only link 1 Specs repo to a build at a time but you can generate as many builds from a single plan as you’d like.

Cheers,

Branden

Oliver Zabel January 10, 2018

Hi, i played a little bit with YAML file. 

Producing multiple jobs is not a problem - but since they are running parallel this is not a good idea with hundreds of code variants.

Producing multiple stages is also not a problem, but since they run sequentally the first faild job stops the chain.

The best way would be to create multiple plans from a yaml file. 

Is this possible and if yes, how?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events