Bamboo wont start: ERROR [Finalizer] [FelixOsgiContainerManager] JarContent: Unable to read bytes

Stickyeyes June 29, 2014

Our copy of Bamboo will no longer start. Checking $BAMBOO_HOME/logs/atlassian-bamboo.log contains this exception (the first before a couple more and then bamboo shuts itself down):

I really need to get this fixed as we need to push live today! Argh!

2014-06-30 10:19:00,797 ERROR [Finalizer] [FelixOsgiContainerManager] JarContent: Unable to read bytes.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: zip file closed

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.ensureOpen(ZipFile.java:634)

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.getEntry(ZipFile.java:305)

at java.util.jar.JarFile.getEntry(JarFile.java:226)

at org.apache.felix.framework.util.JarFileX.getEntry(JarFileX.java:61)

at org.apache.felix.framework.cache.JarContent.getEntryAsBytes(JarContent.java:120)

at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl$ModuleClassLoader.findClass(ModuleImpl.java:1738)

at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(ModuleImpl.java:716)

at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.access$200(ModuleImpl.java:73)

at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl$ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleImpl.java:1690)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)

at org.apache.http.impl.conn.PoolingClientConnectionManager.shutdown(PoolingClientConnectionManager.java:284)

at org.apache.http.impl.conn.PoolingClientConnectionManager.finalize(PoolingClientConnectionManager.java:121)

at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.invokeFinalizeMethod(Native Method)

at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.runFinalizer(Finalizer.java:101)

at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.access$100(Finalizer.java:32)

at java.lang.ref.Finalizer$FinalizerThread.run(Finalizer.java:190)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stickyeyes June 29, 2014

Thankfully we run our servers on VMWare. I was unable to resolve this issue so in the end had to revert to a previous snapshot from last week. Not ideal and not an option available to everybody, but it did resolve the issue for us.

0 votes
Stickyeyes June 29, 2014

I've deleted the cache directories and restarted Bamboo, but to no avail; still the same messages output to the log. I read online that Bamboo has a safe mode that will start it without any user installed plugins, but I can't find how I would start bamboo in start mode from the command line. Any suggestions?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events