Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo with default windows instance and the user account "Bamboo"

Pocums November 21, 2012

The default EBS image (Default Image EBS x86_64 (Windows)) runs with two accounts, Administrator and Bamboo. I'm assuming Bamboo elastic agent uses the Bamboo account on the Windows server to execute the jobs.

So how do I log into the Windows as the user "Bamboo"? Where do I find out the password or what is the default password for it?

Or can I have the Bamboo run the agent as the Admin user in the Windows server? If so, how?

Bit of background on why we want to log into the account:

Our msbuild executed build process uses .pfx files to sign the assemblies, it works just fine if I import the key to a VS_KEY_* -container and run the builds on that account. But as I have no control over the Bamboo account of the Windows server, I only know the password to the Admin account and importin the key for the admin doesn't really help with the build process as it's executed by the Bamboo account. And this is all based on my non-existing "how things work, hit it with a rock and find out"-logic when it comes to server management. So there is a lot of assumptions about the server side and how things are run on it.

If I import the key into the container as Admin, I can execute the builds successfully by manually triggering msbuild as the Admin.

Another answer to our problem also could be is to know how to import the key as the Admin for the user Bamboo but for that my google-fu was just not strong enough.

Any tips or possible help to move forward this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2012

Remote login as Bamboo user is disabled for security reasons. You can do one of the following:

- change that users's password, enable login and save the image.

- use 'runas' to import the key for user Bamboo. The password for user Bamboo is Atlassian1

- run the agent as admin. You'd need to use this guide https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Creating+a+custom+elastic+image+-+Windows to rewire the agent to run as admin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events