Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo - use different branch for build

Susant Prusty February 18, 2015

Hi All,

In out current set-up we use Bamboo and stash integrated system, where we add the repository using stash and mentioning the repo name.

But the problem is whoever only added to Bamboo as global admin they can only change the branch for build but not for the users who has read/write access.

Do we have to change our set-up ? do Bamboo allows only administrator to select different branch for build?

Thank you

Regards,

Susant

3 answers

0 votes
Susant Prusty February 19, 2015

Hi Krystain,

Thank you for the response.

Our stash and Bamboo is integrated,what I mean to say is we have couple of project they want to build multiple branches and that we can do it using git in repository host as a connection but if we select stash instead of git then it allows to build only then default branch mentioned in statsh , to switch to other branch for build it requires admin permission in Bamboo.

So I am in doubt if Bamboo is responding correctly ?

Thank you

Regards,

Susant

0 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2015

Susant 

I'm not really sure if I understand your question. Can you explain the problem more? Maybe post some screenshots that will help understand the issue.

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2015

Hello Susant,

Thank you for your question.

I would suggest you on referring to the following documentation for further information as you can set up Bamboo to Create plan branches for branches detected in the repository and letting Bamboo to automatically run a build when changes are pushed to the Stash repository.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events