Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo upgrade to 6.2.2

brent bae November 17, 2017

I'm planning to upgrade my current Bamboo instance version from v6.1.1 to latest one v6.2.2. 

Current Bamboo instance uses MSSql external database for its datastore. 

I have read the confluence page for upgrading bamboo:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/bamboo-upgrade-guide-720411366.html

According to this page, it is requires to backup DB by using native backup tools if it is not using embedded (HSQL) DB.

However, there is no such step restoring or importing those generated backup file but it only mentions about reconnecting 'bamboo-home' directory to new bamboo instance by adding the 'bamboo-home' path in properties file.

So my questions is, installing new bamboo instance and reconnecting to 'bamboo-home' directory is enough to importing all the data? or is there a step that I should import the generated back up file by native tool(MSSql)?

If so, when and how I should import the back up file?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2017

Hi Brent,

The backup of database and Bamboo home directory is required in case anything goes wrong so that we can restore the Bamboo.

Since you are using MSSQL you need to use its native tools for backing up the data.

Restoring of importing of DB backup file is not required because you will be connecting the Bamboo to the same database which your previous Bamboo was using. The same home directory and DB will be used when you start up the 6.2.2 version. Bamboo will perform the upgrade automatically by using the existing data and you will not lose your plan and other data.

Let me know if there is any confusion with the steps.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events