Bamboo unable to get changes from Git: permission denied

RAPID Capability June 29, 2014

My bamboo installation recently just started to show system errors connecting to my stash installation.I'm using password based authentication, and I've verified that the password is correct. I've also tried to execute the command manually under the same user and had no issues. The abridged error is

/usr/bin/git ls-remote https://BambooUser:********@xyz.c

om/stash/scm/my/repo.git failed with code -1. Working directory was [.]., stderr: []

The only thing I can think of is that there's an issue with the directory it's trying to execute this in, but I don't know where that is to check for permission issues or something of the sort. I tried several places when I ran it manually, one of them being /tmp, so I don't think there's any issues with the permissions or anything on that directory, but I'm not ruling out me being ignorant of something.

It now appears that Bamboo is seeing changes, but I'm still getting these messages. Is this expected, or is something not working correctly?

1 answer

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

Could you go to the log4j.properties file located in the {{<bamboo-install>/atlassian-bamboo/WEB-INF/classes/}} directory and change the 2 lines below from {{WARN}} to {{DEBUG}}:

log4j.category.com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.ssh=WARN
log4j.category.com.atlassian.bamboo.ssh=WARN

Also add this extra line:

log4j.logger.com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.GitRepository=DEBUG

If the {{Build}} is run from a {{Bamboo remote agent}}, the debug logging can be done by copying the formatted log4j.properties file from the Bamboo local agent (Server) to the Bamboo remote agent (Remote) home.

The above will provide you extra information about your repositories and its connectivity.

Open {{<bamboo-home>/xml-data/build-dir/_git-repositories-cache}} directory and detele its content.

Stop all Bamboo instances (local and remote).

Start Bamboo.

Also as a side note, could you please create a sample test plan with Stash as the repository type and lets know if this works.

Kind regards,
Rafael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events