Bamboo unable to download repository from Stash

I'm trying to set up a build task against my stash repository and am getting an IllegalArgumentException: Unknown RepositoryDefinition.

Below are my repository settings:

Source Repository: Git

URL: the https url to my repository we use to checkout/commit to Stash

Web repository: Stash

Stash URL: Base url to my stash installation

Stash Project Key and repository name are also set and verified.

The exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown RepositoryDefinition 1048577
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.BuildChangesImpl.getBuildRepositoryChanges(BuildChangesImpl.java:213)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.BuildChangesImpl.setPreviousVcsRevisionKey(BuildChangesImpl.java:92)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.vcsRevision.PlanVcsRevisionHistoryManagerImpl.markBuildStartedNewTx(PlanVcsRevisionHistoryManagerImpl.java:60)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
	at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:304)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
	at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy95.markBuildStartedNewTx(Unknown Source)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.vcsRevision.PlanVcsRevisionHistoryServiceImpl$3.run(PlanVcsRevisionHistoryServiceImpl.java:68)
	at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.ManagedLocks$ManagedLockImpl.withLock(ManagedLocks.java:321)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.vcsRevision.PlanVcsRevisionHistoryServiceImpl.markBuildStarted(PlanVcsRevisionHistoryServiceImpl.java:63)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.chains.ChainExecutionManagerImpl.tryStartChainState(ChainExecutionManagerImpl.java:286)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.chains.ChainExecutionManagerImpl.delayedStart(ChainExecutionManagerImpl.java:198)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
	at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:304)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
	at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:89)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy99.delayedStart(Unknown Source)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl$1$1$1.call(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:383)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl$1$1$1.call(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:378)
	at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.ManagedLocks$ManagedLockImpl.withLock(ManagedLocks.java:312)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionLockServiceImpl.lock(PlanExecutionLockServiceImpl.java:81)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl.doWithProcessLock(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:725)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl.access$200(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:123)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl$1$1.run(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:377)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.build.pipeline.concurrent.NamedThreadFactory$2.run(NamedThreadFactory.java:55)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Timothy Chin Community Champion Dec 17, 2013

Are you re-running the same build? Have you tried running a new build?

Yes, I was, and I see that kicking off a new build doesn't result in the error. Thank you! Why does it produce that error though when you rerun a build?

Timothy Chin Community Champion Dec 21, 2013

Not sure. Maybe the repositories do not match since you last ran the build.

I get the same error after both re-running a plan, or running a plan, in Bamboo Cloud. It's happening for some of our repository branches, but not others.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,096 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot