Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo triggers not working

Lynn Walker May 8, 2015

We use Stash integrated with Bamboo (along with many other Atlassian products). I have created a build project that is triggered each time a Stash repository is updated. I have also created an associated deployment project that is triggered by the build project. This was all working fine dozens of times.

Yesterday the triggers stopped working. Checking code into Stash no longer triggered the build, and when I manually ran the build the deployment was no longer triggered. This was not just a problem for me, but for other projects in Bamboo by other developers who had also been using the system successfully for weeks. 

The main admin for our Bamboo and Stash installation mentioned that this has occurred in the past. He has tried allocating more memory to Bamboo, has noticed that if he removed a project from Bamboo and then added it again that the issue was sometimes fixed. Generally he suggests that the issue has just fixed itself over time when it occurred in the past.

Obviously there is a specific reason or group of reasons for this issue. The fact that it has often cleared up on its own is a possible clue, but the fact that our CI was not working yesterday, is not working today, and may not be working until it "magically" fixes itself is not a situation we can live with. The fundamental purpose of the CI is defeated when this issue surfaces and we don't understand either the cause or the resolution.

How can you help us resolve this issue?

2 answers

0 votes
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2015

Lynn, I just noticed that you also posted your question here in answers.atlassian.com. Allow me to post my response to the community.

In this particular case, the problem was related to the application link configuration between Bamboo and Stash.

--

When connecting Bamboo 5.6+ to Stash 3.2+ via application links, please make sure that:

• Trusted Apps authentication is disabled
  • OAuth authentication is enabled:
    • Allow 2-Legged OAuth is enabled
    • Allow user impersonation through 2-Legged OAuth is disabled
  • Basic Auth authentication is disabled

The settings above can be found inside Bamboo and/or Stash, respectively, through:

• Bamboo administration >> Add-ons >> Application Links
  • Stash administration >> Settings >> Application Links

In Stash, make sure you have Stash administration >> Settings >> Server Settings >> SSH access configured as follows:

[x] SSH enabled

[x] SSH access keys enabled

SSH Port: 7999

--

Please bear in mind that this is not the only possible cause to this kind of problem, if you're in doubt or if the above didn't help, please contact support (as Krystian mentioned).

Cheers,

Bruno Rosa

0 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2015

Please contact Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events