Bamboo taking too long to checkout code from SVN after upgrading bamboo to version 5.5

Paritosh Ahuja July 2, 2014

After upgrading bamboo to version 5.5 the code checkout time has increased significantly, i have tried the solution - exchange the existing <Bamboo_Install>/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/jna-3.4.0.jar with the attached jna-3.3.0.jar file. but it didn't work for me, In Source Code Checkout i have not checked force clean build option. But still it checks out the whole code whenever a new build is fired. Is there any way with which the could should get updated once it has been checked out so that complete build process takes less time. Or if there is any other way please suggest. Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 vote
Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2014

Is there something that fundamentally changes your repository each time you check out? (like checking out a different path based on a variable or something?)

Is this something that occurs once with each plan since the upgrade or is the problem happening with the same plan over and over again? Are you using a java version for bamboo that is supported? I suppose you are using the svn plugin for checkouts rather than using a script correct?

Do you have access to the command line for the build server? You might try running a script checkout (define the path to your svn and run checkout URL[@REV]... [PATH] (see svn help co)) then run the same command from the command line and see if it takes the same amount of time. Is it considerably faster than the plugin? That might be an option for you. We found that when we had an IBM Java instead of a Sun java that the performance was abysmal. The IBM java configuration is not supported by Atlassian and switching that out made a huge improvement.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events