cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo specs YAML in unique repository

Omar Herrera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2018

In trying to upgrade our installation to bamboo 6.0.3 to bamboo 6.3.1 looking for yml specs feature and configuration as code.

But I'm doing some escenaries with he trial 6.3.1 and I have a litlle questions:

1. The yml configuration cannot store in a unique repository. Our future escenary will look like today with two bamboo instance production and testing and the SysAdmin get the new pull request for export the bamboo specs from testing to production, how can get this ?.

2. I understand the documentation it's improving now, but I'm not clear about how I create a plan checkout from more than one repository? I think the unique way to export bamboo specs yml it's with the code of application? Wee need one unique repo for the configuration and application repository separately. It's a little diference that way I found in the documentation.

3. I cannot find any documentation about how Deployment Project work with yaml format.

I hope your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2018

Hello, 

As you mentioned documentation for YAML support is very limited and located at https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/bamboo-yaml-938844479.html

1. Yes. If Bamboo see YAML config it creates plan and adds this repository to plan. It doesn't support storing plan source code separately from YAML file.

2. You can't achieve it with YAML format. It's limited format for simplest configurations. If you need more complicated scenarios please use Bamboo Specs.

3. Deployment projects don't support YAML format

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events