Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo shows wrong changes for branch build

Gretchen Jones May 1, 2012

Don't know if this is a configuration issue or a bug. When I run the build on my SVN branch bamboo displays the changeset from the trunk of the repository even though those changes are not in the branch.

The correct code is built but technically the changeset shouldn't include those changes below. So the build is working right but the reporting on what is in the build doesn't reflect reality.

Is there something I need to tweak? I had a developer freak because he saw I built a hotfix for production off the branch and it reported his new dev changes from the next sprint were included (by the image below and what was reported in the build).

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2012

This looks like a bug. I've opened an issue for it, please watch and vote.

0 votes
Gretchen Jones May 1, 2012

Also noticed that the bamboo plugin for Jira is not reporting this branch build associated with the issue.

The build referenced above is #3 and in JIRA on the ATING-393 issue that was built it references build #14 but not #3. The item was built in build #14 but that was on the trunk. I merged that change to my branch and I would expect this to show up in the branch build change list since it changed in the branch. Once the change has appeared in a build I would expect it to not show up anymore in the changes list (since it would not be a change in that build).

Didn't know if this was the same issue or something new so I added it here. I'll let you figure out whether it belongs as part of the BAM-11494 or not.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events