Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo setup with 175 Repositories

Andrew Hanson May 14, 2014

I'm evaluating Bamboo to see if it would work for us, and I had a question in regards to Projects and Plans for an organization with 175 repositories. While there are numerous repositories, there's only 3 or 4 different types of repository. For the most part it's simple:

1. Checkout source code
  2. Run MSBuild for the only .sln file in the repository

Then from there we would either copy it directly to one location, or possibly zip up the contents and move the zip file to another location.

From what I can tell I'm going to have to go through and create a project and a plan for each one of these so each plan can have the correct repository. Is that what I would end up with?

1 answer

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2014

While there are numerous repositories, there's only 3 or 4 different types of repository

Can you elaborate on that?

Andrew Hanson May 14, 2014

Sure can.

One type of repository would checkout the code on the main branch, build the project using MSBuild, zip up the output of the MSBuild run, and copy them to a directory. This might apply to 15-20 repositories, where the only differences would be the name of the repository, the name of the MSBuild file, and the name of the directory, (all of which would be named the same).

Another type of repository would checked out the code on the main branch, build the project using MSBuild, and copy the build directory contents to another directory. Just as above, the only variation would be the name of the repository, the name of the MSBuild file, and the name of the final directory. Again, all three of these would be named the same. This would apply to aroun 75-80 repositories.

I have a couple of other "types", but for the purpose of this question we can ignore those and assume I meant around 100 repositories and 2 "types".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events