Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo server authentication with bitbucket

Serge Knystautas December 8, 2016

We were recently kicked off of Bamboo cloud and have set up our own Bamboo server instance but are struggling to get authentication working against our Bitbucket or JIRA Cloud service.  There are instructions to use Crowd, but that's another server which is neither Bitbucket or JIRA Cloud.  When I try to enter https://prestosports.jira.com/, our JIRA Cloud instance, then Bamboo says the REST API is incorrect (which it is... the URL Bamboo builds goes to a 404 page in JIRA Cloud)

How do I use Bitbucket or JIRA Cloud users in my Bamboo server?

1 answer

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2016

Hello Serge,

information Your Atlassian Cloud site can't manage users for server applications. You'll have to use the application's built-in user-management or a local Crowd instance.

Requirements for linking to server apps

To set up application links between cloud and server applications, you must have administrator permissions on both the cloud and server applications. You should also make sure you meet the following requirements:

• The application must be accessible via either port 80 or 443.
  • Check that the Base URL for the server application should be set correctly.
  • If you want to use SSL, you need to use a valid certificate (not a self-signed certificate).
  • Your server needs to be reachable by the Atlassian Cloud IP range. Please refer to Database and IP information for details on the IP range used by Atlassian Cloud.
  • The URL for the application must fulfill the RFC 1738 URL standards.

Information extracted from Link to server apps from Cloud documentation.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events