Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo scheduled plans summary

Guillaume Lucazeau August 12, 2012

Hello,

is there a Bamboo plugin that displays the summary of every scheduled plan, and an approximate duration (like based on the averaged duration on the last x runs). A display in a table, with cell length according to this duration, would be really nice.

I have a lot of test plans that are scheduled, and so far I have to manage this document myself, and check each plan to remember when it is scheduled and how long it usually takes.

Is there something, somewhere, that could generate this doc? If not, that would be a nice feature I think :-)

Thanks

Guillaume

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2012

I don't think so, but you could create a SQL query that would do it (BUILD_DEFINITION table will be tricky, but it looks doable). You'd have to query BUILD, BUILD_DEFINITION (to find schedules) and BUILDRESULTSUMMARY (to get durations).

Guillaume Lucazeau August 13, 2012

Thanks for your help, I will try to do that. I still think it would be a nice feature for a next Bamboo version :-)

1 vote
Guillaume Lucazeau August 15, 2012

So here is the query I'm using, it gets info about plans that are scheduled and active:

SELECT
b.BUILD_ID AS BUILD_ID,
b.FULL_KEY AS FULL_KEY,
b.BUILDKEY AS BUILD_KEY,
b.TITLE AS TITLE,
b.LATEST_BUILD_NUMBER AS LATEST_BUILD_NUMBER,
b.PROJECT_ID AS PROJECT_ID,
ExtractValue(bd.XML_DEFINITION_DATA, '/configuration/repository/change/schedule/cronExpression') AS CRON,
brs1.BUILD_DATE AS BUILD_DATE,
brs1.BUILD_COMPLETED_DATE AS BUILD_COMPLETED_DATE,
brs1.PROCESSING_DURATION AS PROCESSING_DURATION
FROM
BUILD b
INNER JOIN BUILD_DEFINITION bd ON b.BUILD_ID = bd.BUILD_ID
INNER JOIN BUILDRESULTSUMMARY brs1 ON b.FULL_KEY = brs1.BUILD_KEY
INNER JOIN (
SELECT BUILD_KEY,
MAX(BUILD_COMPLETED_DATE) AS LAST_DATE
FROM BUILDRESULTSUMMARY
GROUP BY BUILD_KEY
) as brs2 ON brs1.BUILD_KEY = brs2.BUILD_KEY AND brs1.BUILD_COMPLETED_DATE = brs2.LAST_DATE
WHERE b.BUILD_TYPE = 'CHAIN' AND b.SUSPENDED_FROM_BUILDING = 'FALSE'
AND ExtractValue(bd.XML_DEFINITION_DATA, '/configuration/selectedBuildStrategy') = 'schedule'
ORDER BY brs1.BUILD_DATE ASC

So now I can make a nice HTML tab with that.

But I still think it could be a feature in Bamboo! :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events