Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo's Gatekeeper configuration failing to push back to Stash

Daniel Sobral August 12, 2013

We have a Bamboo build for the "master" branch of a repository on Stash. This build also has a "dmz" branch, and this branch is configured as a Gatekeeper, merging the build on master and then pushing back the results.

This has worked for a while (last successful build as number 137), and then it stopped working. Now, after the whole build was successful, I get this message:

Exception during push: Can't guess branch name for revision 4c07ec6d09b292aa8a808bff7f0b07c0ef20edcb when trying to perform push.

With the revision number changing from build to build, as people push things into dmz.

I haven't seen anything in the logs -- either Stash or Bamboo -- related to this error. On Stash, there's no indication that Bamboo ever tried to push anything. There are calls to the build status API, but no push. On Bamboo, the build log stops before this operation is done, so there's no trace of it.

3 answers

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2013

Hi Daniel,

Glad to hear you managed to fix the build. My guess was obviously way off. I'll stay out of it.

Charles

0 votes
Daniel Sobral August 13, 2013

Actually, all merges to master are fast forward, because the branch is protected to the bamboo user, and bamboo only updates through this process. I have also confirmed that, indeed, dmz can be merged by fast forward to master.

The problem disappeared after we removed the build directories, and let Bamboo recreate them.

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2013

Hi Daniel,

This is a Bamboo/Gatekeeper problem, it hasn't tried to push yet.

I don't quite understand what the problem is, but the error is happening in this plugin (in NativeGitOperationHelper.java)

https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/bamboo-git-plugin

At a glance I'm assuming it worked before because it may have been a fast-forward merge, and the 'getPossibleBranchNameForCheckout()' method would have been able to 'guess' the branch. I'm assuming since your last successful build there has been a direct change on master and now it's having to do a normal merge between dms and master, which has created a new commit. That's just a guess mind you.

I'll try to ping one of the Bamboo people to see if they can give you more assistance.

Cheers,

Charles

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events