Bamboo reports lots of system errors about application links

David_Mills October 13, 2015

We gets lots of errors like:

Delphi Phase 2 Nightly Builds - Build Gateway - release-1.04 › DP2NDBB-BIG20-214 : "401 Unauthorized" received while attempting to store build status against Stash instance `iMed Stash', check your application link configuration.

(14 Oct 2015, 10:36:03 AM, Occurrences: 51)
We have Stash, Bamboo, JIRA and Confluence all interlinked and all pass the apllication links checks.  How can I fix?

5 answers

0 votes
David_Mills October 22, 2015

Unfortunately this hasn't helped.  4 more last night - e.g.

Provider Nightly Builds - Build gateway - release-candidate › PNB-BG23-10 : "401 Unauthorized" received while attempting to store build status against Stash instance `iMed Stash', check your application link configuration.

(22 Oct 2015, 8:18:54 PM, Occurrences: 3)
0 votes
David_Mills October 21, 2015

I found an existing support issue that looks the same and it suggested following https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/KB/How+to+adjust+an+existing+Application+Link+to+use+OAuth.  Which I did.  It has possibly resolved the issue as there are no similar issues since.  But then most of our builds happen overnight.  I will check again in the morning.

0 votes
David_Mills October 21, 2015

Have now confirmed that all have this configuration.

but we are still getting these 401 errors.  I'll open a support request.

0 votes
David_Mills October 15, 2015

I have confirmed this with Bamboo and Stash but not Jira.  Where are the Application links defined in JIRA - I have not been able to find them.  We are running 6.2.1.

0 votes
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2015

David, can you confirm that the Enable/Allow 2-Legged Auth option is checked inside the application link configuration in the OAuth tab for both "Outgoing Authentication" and "Incoming Authentication"? If that doesn't help, it's best to open a support request along with a support zip from Bamboo and Stash - so we'll be able to take a look at how each application is configured.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events