Bamboo remove unused build directories

Richard Cross March 18, 2015

I'm trying to find a way to identify "not recently used" build directories under bamboo-agent-home/xml-data/build-dir, so I can regularly delete those that have not been used in over a week to save disk space.

I know there's no functionality in the Bamboo UI to help with this, but is there a way I can get this information via the REST API?

2 answers

0 votes
Todd Ellner May 14, 2015

Hey Felipe,

I think you may be answering a slightly different question than the one he's answering. It's not the results that cause the pain. It's the working sources, jars and all that are used by the build process and which are stored in .../xml-data/build-dir/plan-key They aren't logs. They aren't artifacts or results or anything else which build expiry touches. They are working files which are never cleaned up.

I've taken to running a cron job for the build-dir directory which removes every top level directory which has an mtime of greater than two weeks. 

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2015

Hi Richard,

Have you tried to use specific build result expiry or even global build result expiry?

I believe this would work best for you.

If this answer was helpful, please allow me to ask you to mark my answer as accepted in order to have it in the top of the thread, also helping other customers.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events