Bamboo remote agent

Susant Prusty June 26, 2014

Hello ,

I have created a remote agent with windows NT service and for that I ran the command as

java -jar atlassian-bamboo-agent-installer-2.2-SNAPSHOT.jar http://bamboo-host-server:8085/agentServer/ installntservice

I see that the service got created and I have already stated the service and the bamboo-agent-home got created in c:\users\<****-adm>\bamboo-agent-home

In my Bamboo server I have added the plugin Bamboo Group Agent to specify my plan to run run in this remote agent.

Then I went to my plan and there in Miscellaneous in group agent I have given the remote agent server name and saved the plan.

I have set the proper java path in wrapper.conf and restated the service .

At very first I see that git was not installed in the remote machine so I have installed git and added the git path in the capabilities and my agent matrix shows that I can run this plan in remote agent.

Now when I run this build eveytime it get queued with message as no agent can build this job.

Not sure if I need to set something in wrapper.conf or do I need to have to enable/approve it to get the job run from the queue in remote agent .

I am not sure why it is getting queued and didn't find anything regarding this plan/error in system error.

Please help as I have to get stated with remote agent and to check if Bamboo is really helpful for our CI process.

Thank you

Susant

6 answers

0 votes
Susant Prusty July 10, 2014

Hello Rafael,

Sorry for replying late , yes I am able to install and run the remote agent.

Thank you for your detailed explanation , even I had a doubt of force run the job in specifc selected agent even that is cleared now.

Thanks again

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2014

Hi Susant,

Thank you for your question.

First of all, we need to make sure your Bamboo Remote Agent (Remote) is being recognised by your Bamboo Local Agent (Server).

Please, make sure you are able to ping your (Remote) from (Server).

Please, make sure you are able to ping your (Server) from (Remote).

According to what you said on your comment, you have installed Bamboo 5.3 (Remote) so I am assuming you have Bamboo 5.3 as your (Server). If not, I would kindly ask you to make sure you are running both the same version.

In Bamboo (Server), please make sure your Base URL and Broker Client URL under (Bamboo administration >> System >> General Configuration). are set up as per following:

## If you DO NOT have a proxy in place
# Base URL
http://192.168.10.85:8085
# Broker Client URL
failover:(tcp://192.168.10.85:54663?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000)?initialReconnectDelay=15000&amp;maxReconnectAttempts=10

## If you HAVE a proxy in place
# Base URL
http://bamboo.localhost.dev
# Broker Client URL
failover:(tcp://192.168.10.85:54663?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000)?initialReconnectDelay=15000&amp;maxReconnectAttempts=10

If you update any information in the Broker Client URL, you MUST stop and start ALL Bamboo instances.

java -Dbamboo.home=&lt;bamboo-remote-home&gt; -jar atlassian-bamboo-agent-installer-5.3.jar http://192.168.10.85:8085/agentServer/

java -Dbamboo.home=&lt;bamboo-remote-home&gt; -jar atlassian-bamboo-agent-installer-5.3.jar http://bamboo.localhost.dev/agentServer/

Once you run the command above, go to your Bamboo (Server) under (Bamboo administration >> Build Resources >> Agents) and make sure you Bamboo (Remote) will be listed under (Online Remote Agents) tab. Please, notice it may take a few seconds/minutes to start/install your Bamboo (Remote) and make it available.

Now that your Bamboo (Remote) is being displayed under (Online Remote Agents) tab, please click on the Agent. You will be redirected to (Capabilities) tab.

If you have your Bamboo (Server) running on a Linux server and your Bamboo (Remote) installed on a Windows server and you want to run ANT from your Windows server you MUST add the ANT location within your Windows server to the Agent Capabilities.

# Windows
C:\Program Files(x86)\apache\apache-ant-1.9.4

You are able to check out what Plans your Bamboo (Remote) can run by selecting (Executable Jobs) tab located aside (Capabilities) tab. If you are not seeing you Plan in the list, please make sure you have added all capabilities required to your Plan to run.

In case you decise on specify in which Bamboo (Remote) an specific plan will run, please follow the steps below mentioned.

You can add a (Custom Capability) under (Capabilities >> Add Capability):

Capability type Custom
Key runOnAgent
Value true
  1. Go to your (Plan Configuration >> Default Stage) and select (Requirements) tab.
  2. Select the capability runOnAgent from the (Requirement) dropdown menu.
  3. Select (equals) in the following dropdown
  4. Type in (true) in the input field
  5. Hit Add

Now, go back to your (Plan Configuration >> Default Stage) and you should see a message that 1 agent has the capabilities to run this job. By mouseover 1 agent you will see the name to the agent that is able to run the plan you are on.

Kind regards,
Rafael

0 votes
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2014

Before anything else, use current version of agent installer. 2.2 is really ancient and is not going to work with any recent Bamboo server.

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2014

It would help if you condensed your question, its not clear. WHAT are you trying to do, WHAT is the error you see, WHAT documentation have you referred to so far?

0 votes

Hello Andy,

Please let me know what all details you want ?

I refered the atlassian document

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO053/Bamboo+remote+agent+installation+guide

And installed the remote agent, not my agent says

27-Jun-2014 14:24:47 Remote agent [] came back after a period of inactivity, but it's not taking any build always the build stucks as <x mins queued>

has been queued for 14 minutes Rebuilt by Susant K Prusty

and when I see the job status it says No agent can build this job.

but in agent matrix I can see that my remote agent can build this plan.

Thank you for your reply.

Regards,

Susant

Susant Prusty June 29, 2014

The agent I installed is atlassian-bamboo-agent-installer-5.3.jar

0 votes

Please have a look and give me suggestions to make this workable ...

Thank you all in advance

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events