Bamboo remote agent for hp-ux

Jay Chang
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2015

All,

I'm trying to install Bamboo 5.5 remote agents for HP-UX platforms (B.11.31 ia64, B.11.23 ia64, and B.11.11 9000/800 PA-RISC) but I didn't find HP-UX mentioned in supported platform document.  Can anyone give me some insight of  the following questions:

(1) Which Java version do I need for the HP-UX platforms, I assumed it is Java 7 but not sure.

(2) I didn't find wrapper components in the jar installer under the arch folder.  Are wrapper for remote agent on HP-UX platforms available and supported by Atlassian?

Thanks,

JC

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jay Chang
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2015

I submitted an Atlassian Support issue and was told that Bamboo 5.6.1 or later should resolve my issue.  I upgraded my Bamboo server to 5.8.1 and remote agents work fine now.  However the required HP Java 8 for Bamboo 5.8.1 is not available and I ended up using HP Java 6 for PA-RISC HP-UX 11.11, HP Java 7 for HP-UX i11.23 and HP Java 8 for HP-UX i11.31.  The remote agents are running so far so good.

0 votes
Jay Chang
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2015

I started bamboo remote agent without the wrapper but got several errors which all related to JNA native support.

For Itanium platform:

Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: JNA native support (com/sun/jna/hp-ux-ia64n/libjnidispatch.so) not found in resource path (bamboo-agent-5.5.0.jar)

For PA-RISC platform:

Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: JNA native support (com/sun/jna/hp-ux-pa_risc2.0/libjnidispatch.sl) not found in resource path (bamboo-agent-5.5.0.jar)

Has anyone run Bamboo remote agents successfully on the HP-UX platforms?  I appreciate your feedback.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2015

I'd go with OpenJDK 7 in your case. 

Not available and not supported. You can use the wrapper available online or use some other solution. You don't need the wrapper.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events