Bamboo remote agent count

DeWe January 28, 2016

Hello,

I'm currently trying to get up and running with Bamboo hosted in the cloud. That means I have 1 remote agent for now. The scenario is the following.

• Bamboo builds a war on an EC2 instance
  • Bamboo should deploy the war on a staging server

For the deployment project I installed a remote agent on the staging server as the Tomcat manager application is not (and should not be) reachable from the outside. Building and deployment works fine.

Problem is now that the remote agent on the staging server is consuming the single remote agent license that I have. Result is that no more builds can be made as long the staging server remote agent is online.

Am I misunderstanding something here or is this simple scenario only possible with at least 2 remote agents?

If so the simplest setup to build and deploy a war for staging and production would already consume 3 agents (1 for each server and 1 for building on AWS).

That said to build and deploy this simple scenario we are in the $100 / month tier already. Pretty soon in the $250/month tier. Without the AWS costs counted. 

Any comment welcome smile

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2016

Any reason why you cannot build on the same agent? If you must do it in two different agents, you will need 2 licenses.

Or you can shutdown the agents, on the go, to free up licenses. 

DeWe January 28, 2016

To build on the same agent I would have to build on the app server that hosts the war at the end. Not really doable right now.

I think for the current setup I will end up with at least 2 agents. Or manually shutdown agents as you suggest. But that isn't a real option in my opinion as it kind of defeats the idea.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events