Bamboo remote agent capability

Manoj Mahani August 1, 2011

I am bit not clear what all I can do with bamboo remote agent ?

Below are some of the doubts if someone can clarify..

1. Can I use remote agent to execute a script on remote agent itself.

What I am planning to do is extract and build the code on bamboo server but deploy it on different servers using local/remote agent. I was thinking of using the remote agent on the deployment server and run the scripts using remote agent (as it resides on the same server, getting paths and working on it would be easier)

I may be wrong in my understanding, pls if someone could let me know any other way if this is not the correct way of implementing it.

2. I am trying to run a ssh command from windows to connect to a server. I have stored the ssh command in a .bat file and I am trying to run it via a bamboo Script.

.bat file Contents

---------------------------------

ssh weblogic@servername ls -l /opt/bea/user_projects/domains/app/scripts/check_deployment.ksh

---------------------------------

I am getting the below mentioned error :-

Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2011

1. Can I use remote agent to execute a script on remote agent itself.

Yes. Regarding the scenario that you have described: also yes, it can be achieved using shared artifacts/artifact passing.

Your Bamboo server is running as a SYSTEM user and the ssh command is trying to set up a directory structure for itself. Try creating the directory /home/SYSTEM/ and if that does not help, /home/SYSTEM/.ssh . Alternatively, depending on the ssh command that you use, it may have a switch that will let you define a different location for .ssh directory.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events