Bamboo remote agent : AIX

Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2011

does anyone run Bamboo remote agents in AIX? do you have any pointers on setting it up? mostly I am wondering if IBM JDK 1.6 might give us problems or is it something else.

thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2011

I successfully ran Bamboo agent on IBM i (on Power) with IBM JDK in PASE/AIX environment a couple of years ago. No significant issues. Don't have any projects that need that now, so it is not active anymore.

Rafal Habrat December 7, 2011

Bob,

We are running into the following exception when attempting to start the agent with IBM's JDK on AIX. Do you recall what version of Bamboo you were on when you had the agent running on AIX?

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'processService' defined in class path resource [applicationContextCommon.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: java/util/concurrent/TimeUnit.HOURS
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: java/util/concurrent/TimeUnit.HOURS
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.process.ProcessServiceImpl.<clinit>(ProcessServiceImpl.java:37)
	at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
	at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:196)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:67)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:522)
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2011

This looks like a problem with Java 1.5 - make sure you are indeed running it on 1.6 .

Rafal Habrat December 7, 2011

Thanks Przemek - we'll look into that

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2011

It was bamboo 2.1.1 using JAVA 1.5. I think we continued to run it up to bamboo 2.5.

Rafal Habrat December 17, 2011
Thanks Guys for all your input - we have now confirmed that it was a JDK version problem. We are now successfully runing the agent on AIX using IBM's JDK 6...
0 votes
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2011

Officially AIX and the IBM JDK is unsupported. We haven't tested on this combination before so it may or may not work - best give it a go and report back here :)

vishwas gautam October 26, 2017

Hi @JamesA  I was able to install the remote agent. But it stops after each build and I am unable to restart using bamboo-agent.sh script. I am using version 5.13.1. Please help me .
Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events