Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo pull from TFS-Git

Deleted user July 19, 2017

I am setting up a new Bamboo server for my company.  We currently use TFS-Git as our source repository.  In creating my first task in Bamboo, I am using a Source Control Checkout task, selecting Git, and then entering all my Git info, including the HTTPS url for my repo and the username and password for my account in TFS.

The task is saved.  When I try to run the build, it fails with a 401 no authentication error.  My confusion comes in the fact that if I RDP into the server that Bamboo is running on, open a git-bash prompt, navigate to the build-dir folder where we have set the working directory to be in Bamboo and preform the clone and checkout from there, it works with no issues.

If feel pretty certain this is a TFS permissions issue, but I am not sure how since I can do the git commands from Git-Bash.

Obviously any assistance at this point would be greatly appreciated as I am all out of ideas.

1 answer

0 votes
Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2017

Hi Justin! How are you doing?

When you did the RDP and cloned, you had to enter user and password? Or did TFS get your user info from your windows session?

Thanks,

Cristiano

Thanks for replying.

It either recognized me from my Windows creds or I have cached them the first time I used git-bash in other git cmds, I can't remember. I do know it didn't ask me for them.  They are the same creds that I entered into the task for Bamboo as well.

Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2017

Cristiano,

Thanks again for the reply.  I followed the posts you mentioned above as closely as I could for my environment including deleting creds in the credential manager, and deleting caches on the TFS server.  I was not able to find a cache at the path specified for the client machine.  I also checked my TFS site in IIS and the only Authentication I have enabled is Windows Authentication.  Unfrotunately, this did not resolve the problem.

Justin

Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2017

Sorry to hear that!

Are you running builds in a Bamboo Server using Local Agents or Remote Agents? Is it installed as a Windows Service? Are they running under the same windows account you tested when you did the RDP connection?

Bamboo is using a local agent.  It is not installed as a Windows Service.  It is currently using Tomcat with the same RDP creds.

The way I understood the task though, was it used the credentials I supplied in the task.

Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2017

I suppose Bamboo is sendind them, but TFS ignores them, as it is configured to use Windows Authentication.

If thats the case, I wonder if turning on Basic Authentication as well as Windows Auth would be beneficial.

Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2017

I think it is worth a try :-)

Deleted user July 20, 2017

I tried adding Basic Auth in IIS for TFS as well as enabling Anonymous Auth.  Unfortunately to no avail.

I might have to just start preparing my sales pitch to move away from TFS. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events