Bamboo plan scheduling

Hanen Fredj March 22, 2016

Hello,

I need your help please.. My question is :

Is it possible to schedule a bamboo plan execution basing on:

• The day(the plan  should be executed from Monday to friday only)
  • the dependence on a second plan ( my plan should start automatically when the execution of the other one is finished and it's result is pass)

Thanks for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2016

Both variations are available options for triggering builds:

1. You can achieve scheduled plan execution by means of Cron-based scheduling:
  2. You can achieve child plan execution by means of Setting up plan build dependencies.
Hanen Fredj March 22, 2016

Hello Steffen,

thanks for your reply.

Do you mean these two parts?

image2016-3-22 16:4:12.png

If yes, I already tested this..The problem is that, here, I have to specify the hour ..

What I need is to start the plan automatically when the one on which it depends is finished.

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2016

Yes, you can use these parts for the scheduled triggering of the (parent) plan the child plan depends on (trigger type 1), and additionally use plan build dependencies for automatically starting the (child) plan when the (parent) it depends on is finished (trigger type 2). You haven't mentioned whether you have already tried the latter?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events