Bamboo plan is queued indefinitely

I can see:

#33 has been queued for 1235 minutes Manual build by Admin

It isn't going to build anytime soon. I've checked atlassian-bamboo.log and bambool.log but can't find any relevant errors. Is there something any of you can recommend?
EDIT
Also, I'm running bamboo on a mounted remote file system which a regular user on the local machine has full privileges to. I'm thinking it's dying silently due to permission issues perhaps.
EDIT
It seems to be working fine now - I set the temporary directory to a subdirectory on the same virtual file system rather than the host machine.

5 answers

1 accepted

I used this guide to set the timeout higher for the wrapper - it was timing out and restarting each time, preventing the plan from competing.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=179444239

Hi Aram,

Which version of Bamboo are you using? I suspect tht you might be facing either of the following bugs:

If you are using a later version of Bamboo and still affected, then it is most likely the connection pool is quite two low. The default value should be 100. Check this line in your HOME/bamboo-cfg.xml file

<property name="hibernate.c3p0.max_size">100</property>

Thanks, the value is 100 I'm using 4.4.4.

Do you have an agent with all capabilities for running the plan?

I believe so, since initially everything runs fine, then after a while the plans begin to hang... Restarting fixes it temporarily it seems.

0 vote

Which part of Bamboo is running on a mounted remote file system? You should make sure that jms, cache etc are local - or you might have performance issues.

The whole /opt/bamboo folder is on a remote file system, and I have a symlink to it.

Hi Aram,

Can you provide us with a little snippet of the contents of the logs at a time when the build is queued forever? This will help in identifying the issue. Also do you have any third-party plugins installed

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,321 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you