Bamboo plan is queued indefinitely

Aram Kocharyan May 20, 2013

I can see:

#33 has been queued for 1235 minutes Manual build by Admin

It isn't going to build anytime soon. I've checked atlassian-bamboo.log and bambool.log but can't find any relevant errors. Is there something any of you can recommend?
EDIT
Also, I'm running bamboo on a mounted remote file system which a regular user on the local machine has full privileges to. I'm thinking it's dying silently due to permission issues perhaps.
EDIT
It seems to be working fine now - I set the temporary directory to a subdirectory on the same virtual file system rather than the host machine.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aram Kocharyan May 27, 2013

I used this guide to set the timeout higher for the wrapper - it was timing out and restarting each time, preventing the plan from competing.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=179444239

0 votes
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

Hi Aram,

Can you provide us with a little snippet of the contents of the logs at a time when the build is queued forever? This will help in identifying the issue. Also do you have any third-party plugins installed

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

Which part of Bamboo is running on a mounted remote file system? You should make sure that jms, cache etc are local - or you might have performance issues.

Aram Kocharyan May 22, 2013

The whole /opt/bamboo folder is on a remote file system, and I have a symlink to it.

0 votes
nseinlet May 20, 2013

Do you have an agent with all capabilities for running the plan?

Aram Kocharyan May 21, 2013

I believe so, since initially everything runs fine, then after a while the plans begin to hang... Restarting fixes it temporarily it seems.

0 votes
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2013

Hi Aram,

Which version of Bamboo are you using? I suspect tht you might be facing either of the following bugs:

If you are using a later version of Bamboo and still affected, then it is most likely the connection pool is quite two low. The default value should be 100. Check this line in your HOME/bamboo-cfg.xml file

<property name="hibernate.c3p0.max_size">100</property>

Aram Kocharyan May 21, 2013

Thanks, the value is 100 I'm using 4.4.4.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events