Bamboo plan branch builds automatically on creation

Salmaan Shikari April 2, 2018

I have a bunch of build plans with "Create plan branch for new branches" selected under the branch tab of the "Plan configuration" section of the build plan.

I notice that on initial creation of the plan branch, the build plan runs for that branch even if the repository change detection file pattern is excluding a commit from that directory in GIT.

For example, if I commit into this dir:

/source/app/a

but my project's build plan has this file detection pattern:

^/source/app/b/*

Creating a new branch on "source" but committing only into "a" still triggers a build.

Does anyone know how to avoid this?  I would only like build plans to run if I commit into directories that they are watching.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2018

Hi Salmaan,

Yes, you are right. I believe it is a known bug as described here - Branch builds do not honor Linked Repos includes/excludes on branch creation that has not been fixed yet.

Thanks,

Robhit

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2018

Thanks @robhit - the link to Branch builds do not honor Linked Repos includes/excludes on branch creation (BAM-15899) is defunct, so here it is again ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events