Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo nunit-console not running [SetUp] section

jon_gordon December 26, 2016

Hello,

Platform: macOS 10.12.2
Product: Bamboo 5.14.3.1 build 51416

I am having huge trouble trying to get Bamboo to recognise nunit-console.exe run via mono as a recognisable executable for NUnit Runner so have split the task into a script and NUnit parser instead.

In the script, I am simply running:
MONO_IOMAP=all NUNIT-CONSOLE path/to/csproj

When I call the exact same line from a terminal, my test suite executes and passes but everytime it is run through Bamboo, I get a System.NullReferenceException and the line numbers provided suggest the [Setup] section is not being called.
Indeed, if I remove the [Setup] attribute from my test, I get the same error in terminal then.

Output from both terminal and bamboo show it is running the same version of nunit-console (of course) so I do not know why I am getting different outcomes.

Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2016

Just guessing.

Try to pass MONO_IOMAP=all as Environment variable in separate field of Script task

jon_gordon December 27, 2016

That, unfortunately, does not change anything.

I do not understand why the result is different - it's looking at the same .csproj file and running the same nunit-console executable through the same version of mono. What is causing the test to run differently when the script task is run by Bamboo?
If anyone can shed any light on what is different in general about running scripts through Bamboo, I might be able to put 2 and 2 together...? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events