Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo not detecting SVN update error

Shaahul Hameed December 16, 2013

Hi,

I am using Bamboo version 5.1.1 and while running a bamboo build there was a SVN Update error but bamboo din't detect it and went ahead and completed the build(green). The logs are as below,

simple	12-Dec-2013 10:03:58	Updating source code to revision: 55280
simple	12-Dec-2013 10:03:58	Existing workspace found at '/var/opt/bamboo/xml-data/build-dir/DEPLOYUAT-CUSTOMER-JOB1'. updating...
error	12-Dec-2013 10:05:34	Update of '/var/opt/bamboo/xml-data/build-dir/DEPLOYUAT-CUSTOMER-JOB1/engine/Web' has been skipped: svn: Failed to add directory '_UnitTests': an unversioned directory of the same name already exists
simple	12-Dec-2013 10:08:26	Updated source code to revision: 55280
simple	12-Dec-2013 10:08:26	Running postRetrieveSourceCode task...
simple	12-Dec-2013 10:08:26	Finished task 'Checkout Default Repository'

I am not sure how to fix. Please let me know if there is a way to resolve this.

2 answers

0 votes
Shaahul Hameed January 1, 2014

Hi Kraemer,

Thanks for replying.

I could also run a clean build to clean out the build directory and generate a new artifact.

I believe running a clean build always is not an ideal solution(mostly there are few files changed for a build)

I would like bamboo to detect SVN code checkout errors if there is any. Becuase in the above case, there was a code checkout error and even then the build passed. There is no way to know about this error unless I check the logs(usually I dont check the logs if the build is green)

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2013

Hello Shaahul,

Subversion keeps track of all the local files which are (or have been) in sync with the server. If someone creates new files locally, they are not registered with the server or "versioned". To "version" new files, run "svn add".

You may want to rename the directory on your local filesystem, then run the build again.

I hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events