Bamboo need to stop checking bitbucket repos while Bitbucket is backing up.

kiran jonnalagadda September 15, 2017

every night our bitbucket backs up and it will be around 20 mins. here in this time, bamboo tries contacting repos in BB for updates and throw's errors on the plans page[unable to reach repositories]. I want to stop bamboo throwing errors while bitbucket backs up. Any workaround...

1 answer

1 vote
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2017

If Bamboo is set to detect new branches, it will poll Bitbucket Server every 5 minutes. If Bamboo is set to find new branches in any Source Code repository, it will try to make these calls. This functionality is different to the pull request notifications specific to the Bitbucket Server Application link.

I was able to find an open Improvement request for this -

Prevent Bamboo source code checkout if Stash is in maintenance mode

I recommend you to upvote and comment on the request, since those interactions are helpful to our teams when determining priority of Improvements to implement.

Black Hat September 16, 2017

I recommend you to upvote and comment on the request, since those interactions are helpful to our teams when determining priority of Improvements to implement.

It already has 88 votes and is two-and-a-half years old. I don't think voting for it will make a difference at this stage.

In fact, the eight top-voted issues are at least five years old.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events