Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo manual stage variables

Barry Pitman May 9, 2012

Hi,

I'm setting up a build pipeline which will build, test and deploy artifacts to an artifact manager on each commit, as well as deploy the application for testing. We are using the build number as a binary identifier during this stage.

Thereafter, I have manual stages which wait for manual and UAT testing before execution. These manual stages will release the application and deploy to production. What I want to do is provide a separate user-facing release version when I execute the manual stage. I don't know the release version at commit-time.

This seems like a good fit for a parameterised plan, but as far as I can tell I must provide any custom parameters when the plan starts. I want to be able to provide these parameters when I execute a manual stage, is this possible?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2012

Barry, there is a feature request open to add parameterised variables to manual stages. Please watch and vote for it.

1 vote
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2012

I think it's possible, but I don't know how exactly. Look here:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Running+a+Bamboo+Build+when+Releasing+a+Version

This is documentation of Jira->Bamboo plugin, in which you can release *existing build* (I understand that this is triggering manual stage of some already built plan), and I see "Override variables" link in the above documentation. So I'm speculating that overriding parameters during triggering manual stage *is possible*, but unsure how exactly. Maybe only via the Bamboo REST API?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events