Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo loses all logs after build stopped

J Taylor March 16, 2018

I'm running into a problem when my builds are stopped prematurely. While the build is going I can see a live activity log under the summary tab and a full log under the Logs tab.

Once the build finishes stopping though, the activity that was under the summary tab disappears and the logs page starts saying 'No logs found for this job' even though I was literally looking at the logs for this job seconds ago.

The page that contained the log before still exists even, although it doesn't contain the all of the logging that the summary page had right before the job stopped.

3 answers

0 votes
Seetharam September 21, 2020

Hi J,

I am also facing the same issue. Logs are not displayed in Summary once the build is over. But can find the same in the <Bamboo-Home>/xml-data/builds/<plan>/download-data/build-logs/ folder

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2018

Hi J,

Could it be that you are using any sensitive commands like rm -rf on your build task that deletes the build directory and the respective logs?

Build logs are usually stored in the respective agent's home <Bamboo-Home>/xml-data/builds/<plan>/download-data/build-logs/

Do you see the corresponding build log listed there?

If not, does the atlassian-bamboo.log (if it is run as a local agent) or the respective agent log give you any hint?

J Taylor April 5, 2018

I don't know what the problem was but the issue has long since stopped happening now. I'll raise a ticket if I see it again.

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2018

Sure, J! Glad to help.

0 votes
robhit
Atlassian Team
April 4, 2018

Hi J,

Thanks for your question!

That indeed a strange behavior. I would recommend opening a support ticket for this case so that support team can investigate the problem.

Thanks,

Robhit

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events