Bamboo logs not updating

Brent Villalobos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2013

We have some Bamboo jobs where the logs stop updating in Bamboo and Bamboo warns us that it may have hung. But when I log onto the remote agent and look at the processes, everything is running fine. Furthermore, the full log is visible upon job completion.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be going on here? Is there some sort of I/O buffering issue or race condition that will cause Bamboo to stop streaming log output to the web UI? Are there settings I can experiment with?

I'm on Bamboo v4.3.2. This is a sporadic problem that only bites us when people are in a really bad mood ;-)

2 answers

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2014

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us.

According to what you have described, it seems to be an issue related to <bamboo-installation>/jms-store. In previous ticket raised, we solution found was:

1. Stop Bamboo
  2. Delete (move, recommended) <bamboo-installation>/jms-store
  3. Start Bamboo

Before doing any changes, I would recommend backing up the folder above described as in case you run into difficulties you will be able to restore it to its previous state.

In order to investigate this issue further, I would recommend opening a Support request under Bamboo Administration >> System >> Atlassian Support Tools >> Support Request

--

Kind regards,

Rafael

0 votes
DaveD October 23, 2013

This is happening for us on 4.4.5 as well. Funny, it also happens here when others are in a bad mood...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events