Bamboo launching dependent plans at the end of a stage?

I have a two stage plan where the second stage is set to "manual." In my plan's configuration, I set up depdendent plans to run when the plan successfully completes. However, I notice that the depedent plans run when the first stage completes which is not what I want.

Is this by design and it's my misunderstanding on how plans, stages, and dependencies work? This is on Bamboo v3.2 (I know, old version).

2 answers

1 accepted

We have an issue open to ensure that dependencies are triggered only when all manual stages have been run successfully. Please watch and vote for the ticket to be notified when it has been completed.

Thanks James. Until then, I will just create a task at the end of my job that manually launches the depedent plans.

This sounds like an exclusive for me

Bamboo allows you to ensure that builds are only triggered manually or by parent builds of dependent builds.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Triggering+a+plan+build+manually

Have you tried to update? It is no hassle ;}

There is something off then. For example, on the build page I see that Build 49 is stopped on a manual stage in the upper right-hand corner and yet it says that #49 was successful in the left hand side. And the dependant plans definitely kicked off after that first stage finished with the build reason of "This build occurred because it is a dependant of EXPERIMENT-FOO-49." Seems like a bug.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,445 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you