Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo is testing from previous commit rather than the new commit

Deleted user June 16, 2015

Last night (GMT - UK) my dev team committed into their master Github repository a current version of a build and then expected Bamboo to run tests from that current version (within 5 minutes of the commit).

The testing would have taken a couple of hours and it was kicked off.  But for some reason it was looking at the previous commit of the build, rather than the latest commit.  

My question is, once a Github commit (as above) has taken place how long can we expect to wait for Bamboo to see the newly committed version of data?  Is there a way to force bamboo to always look at the most current commit?

The commit completed and the devs had confirmation of that.

Any help is much appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Soto June 17, 2015

I'd look to see if you are you polling or using some other way for commit notifications ?  If you are polling, I'd expect things within the time period specified.  If you are using some other means of delays (like maybe github was having a backlog/slow processing for notifications?)

0 votes
Deleted user June 17, 2015

Just to add something here.  This eventually started working i.e Bamboo eventually started running tests from the latest commit, but this cost the my dev team around 4 hours of delay to a major release.

This makes me think there is a time delay before the latest commit is looked at.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events