Bamboo is not secure, getting a 403 forbidden

KeishaH May 3, 2017

I have installed Bamboo on an AWS EC2 instance, but when I open the instance page I get that its not secure, and when I try to load my repositories I get the 403 forbidden error and can't create a plan.

Are there any work arounds for this? 

1 answer

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2017

With the limited information you have provided, I believe you have installed Bamboo using the Bamboo EC2 Wizard. If that is the case, the wizard installs an Apache reverse proxy in-front of Bamboo and you may have to configure proxy settings as mentioned in this page.

There's a bug report logged here that is specific to the EC2 wizard not configuring these settings initially: BAM-18063.

Also, check that your AWS security group is configured properly to allow access to the appropriate domain via the AWS management console

when I try to load my repositories I get the 403 forbidden error and can't create a plan.

Maybe you don't have permission to clone the repository? Try to clone the repo manually from your EC2 server. Check for catalina.out and see if it hints you something. A screenshot of the error next time would help us to visualise the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events