Bamboo import failed after migration

David FALLAS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2017

I have successfully performed a 'test' migration of a Bamboo installation on Windows Server 2008 to a fresh Bamboo on Ubuntu. In the test migration I used the overnight backup .zip file to import from. All Bamboo functionality on the new server tested OK.

I therefore proceeded to start over with a production installation on Ubuntu. The only difference between this and the test installation was that I used a freshly created export from the old Windows installation. Everything went smoothly until the Select starting data step where I gave it the full path to the export file (/tmp/export_atlassianbamboo_51215_20170111.zip).

After some time the page refreshed displaying the following:

Bamboo-custom-install.png

I am reluctant to uppload the .zip file as it is large. I have restarted the bamboo service as suggested in the first message in the image, but now nothing appears to be happening (i.e. the page continues to display the above image).

Can anyone explain what has happened?

EDIT: More investigations

I have since stopped and started the bamboo service a couple of times but to no avail (i.e. the bamboo home page does not display in a browser - though no exception is reported, just a blank page). catalina.out contains this line multiple times:

11-Jan-2017 17:26:57.369 INFO [pool-27-thread-610] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkStateForResourceLoading Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already. Could not load [sun.reflect.MethodAccessorImpl]. The following stack trace is thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access.
 java.lang.IllegalStateException: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already. Could not load [sun.reflect.MethodAccessorImpl]. The following stack trace is thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David FALLAS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2017

I was only able to resolve this by completely re-installing Bamboo and using the zip file created by the scheduled overnight backup.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events