Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo ignoring my artifact and deploying the full git branch

guiwoda January 26, 2014

Ok, I'm pretty new to Bamboo, and I'm having a hard time deploying just the way I want.

Right now, I have a build plan that polls my git repo for changes in a branch ("development") and does:

1. checkout
2. script (removes files that I don't want to deploy)

There's a shared artifact (called "DevelopmentArtifact") and, when this build finishes, I can see the content of this artifact is correct (the files I don't want to deploy are not there).

This triggers a deploy configuration for a QA environment. The tasks defined in this environment are:

1. Artifact Download (pointing at "DevelopmentArtifact")
2. SCP Task

When I read the deployment log, I can see it is actually deploying the full development branch, not the "filtered" artifact. All the files that I removed with my script on build are back there!

Any ideas why would that happen?

I have both "development" and "master" branches configured in the plan, and both the Build and Deploy plans show the "development" branch label. But there is no version control checkout in my deployment configuration, so why would it ignore the artifact and get all the files instead?

Let me know if you need more info to understand the problem.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
guiwoda January 26, 2014

For now, I just moved my script task from build to deployment. But still, I'm curious about this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events