Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo git checkout works too long

Vasily Sergeev September 8, 2013

have some trouble with git checkout tools in Bamboo. It works too long. For example I have two repos. I can clone them to local machine in 5-10 minutes. But checkout task stucks at

Fetching 'refs/heads/release-1.69' from 'ssh://git@ [path/to/first/repo] .git'.

Git: remote: Counting objects

Git: remote: Compressing objects (120)

Git: Receiving objects (269)

Git: Resolving deltas (83)

Git: Updating references (1)

Git: Total 269 (delta 83), reused 128 (delta 31)

Checking out revision 7c11b20b2495be8bb8091839794c4e80bdc7651e.

Creating local git repository in 'path'

Sometimes this task take 150 minutes, sometimes it even has no end.

Another trouble that stopping plan with that task not stopping the agent. The only way to reanimate agent is restart it.

Is it something wrong with agent? Or I make mistake with configuring repos?

7 answers

1 vote
Wayne Allan June 23, 2014

We are seeing this issue as well we are using ondemand with elastic agents. When we run the command from gitbash it only takes 3 mins but from bamboo it takse about 25 -35 mins, almost ten times longer.

Shankar Hullur December 1, 2016

Hi Wayne, I am having the same issue with Source code check out. It takes almost 2 hours to checkout the code.  

I am running on Windows boxes.. I read in other articles that we can first add script that runs checkout... 

Could you please let me know how to do that... 

I selected "Script" task and inline added commands

git clean -f -d

git checkout <branch-name>

It did nt work

1 vote
Webb Morris February 16, 2014

I have experienced the same behavior when using a BitBucket repository. The best fix that I have been able to come up with is to regular update the AWS image that is used by Bamboo to perform the build to have a fairly recent version of the repo. This is especially important if large files have changed or been added to the repo.

1 vote
Ayhan Binici February 12, 2014

I can verify this issue on my Bamboo-installation when trying to clone a repository that resides on BitBucket.

1 vote
Jason Olsan September 26, 2013

I'm having the same issue, but only on my "develop" branch. My "master" and all feature branches build correctly, but for some reason, my "develop" branch sits at "Checking out revision" and hangs. I even let it run overnight once. No change.

0 votes
Fricco February 15, 2019

Hi, I also face the same issue. Some times it hangs even for hours fetching the repo in the elastic instances. I read somewhere else that it seems that the git version that comes by default in the elastic instances is buggy and should use the official git. Any idea how that can be done?

Thank you.

0 votes
Shankar Hullur November 18, 2016

Hi All,

I am also facing the same problem when we do "Force clean build".  Did anybody got it resolved ..?

Thanks,

Shankar

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2014

Weird - we are using standard git command for the checkout. We also use Git internally a lot

Are you guys all using Bamboo OD/elastic agents or is it unrelated?

Vasily Sergeev May 22, 2014

It`s unrelated

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events