Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo feature branch dependency

Ryan Schaaf March 11, 2016

Hey all I'm trying to figure out the best way to set up bamboo to support our chaotic dependency system. We currently have a lot of shared code in one repository (eg: utils) which supports multiple applicaitons (App A, App B). We use a general gitflow system, so for a new feature (feature/A) we could create branches in both App A and the untils repositories with the same name.

How in bamboo is the easiest way to get the build plans to know that when building App A, if there is a matching branch (feature/A) in utils to use that artifact during the execution, otherwise default to a different version(eg: master).

Hope that makes sense, but outside of writing some shell script that checks the repositories and sets variables in bamboo to then pass during the build process, I'm not sure the easiest way to do this.

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2016

I think you're better off this way.

Every artifact in your utils should be managed by a repository (e.g. Artifactory). With that, you can write a script to pull the artifact down based on the branch you are executing. You can ever pass the artifact identifier as a variable for the Product A build.

It's much easier this way.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events